W.S. Lee College of Engineering Ambassadors
- Changing the Conversation about Engineering, Engineering Technology and Construction Management! -
Ambassador Training Powerpoint Slides- January 19th Meeting
What is the LCOE Ambassador Program?
The LCOE Ambassador Program is a leadership program that offers W.S. Lee College of Engineering students an opportunity to represent and promote the College to prospective students, their families, and other guests. LCOE Ambassadors will help educate visitors about campus life and achievements of the College through conducting campus tours, supporting high school recruitment events, and supporting elementary and middle school outreach functions.
What does an LCOE Ambassador do?
- Welcome and greet prospective families at various community, outreach, and recruitment events.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of the W.S. Lee College of Engineering and UNC Charlotte.
- Conduct guided tours for prospective students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent the W.S. Lee College of Engineering during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Maintain a standard of appearance and professionalism.
- Attend meetings and required training.
- All other duties as assigned
- View Ambassador Tiers to see specific duties
Becoming an LCOE Ambassador
- Must be a declared W.S. Lee College of Engineering student
- Position has a one academic year commitment (Fall-Spring)
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit leadership, initiative, dependability, discipline, and enthusiasm
- Are Positive
- Excel at communicating with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have the 49er Spirit!
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment to diversity and cultural pluralism
What are the benefits of becoming an LCOE Ambassador?
- Orientation and continuous training with the Recruiting and Outreach Committee to ensure the latest information is shared, and LCOE Ambassadors are "in the know."
- Opportunities to attend special events such as:
- Engineering Ambassadors Network Conferences
- LCOE Networking Career Functions with Industry Partners
- Opportunities to meet with the LCOE Administration to champion issues important to your LCOE peers
Interested in Becoming a COEN Ambassador?
Instructions for Applying – Applications are currently closed. Check back for the next cohort! (You MUST be logged into your UNC Charlotte account, or you will receive a Permission Error and will not be able to fill out the Application Survey)
The Application Survey is currently closed. Recruitment for LCOE Ambassadors takes place every summer (Beginning Summer 2023). Students must be available to commit to a full academic year beginning in the fall and spring (Beginning Spring 2023). To be considered, students must submit the Interest Survey, which is accepted year-round.
(You MUST be logged into your UNC Charlotte account on your phone for the QR code to work)
The Application process consists of the following:
- Completed LCOE Ambassador Interest Survey/Application
- Consideration of your Availability & Work Plan
- Attend the Introduction Meeting (the date/time/location of the forum will be emailed to students)
LCOE Ambassadors receive college swag each semester they are in the program. LCOE Ambassadors will learn about other compensations at the first training session.
Meet the Recruiting and Outreach Committee
Dr. Gretchen Dietz, Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Dr. Courtney Smith-Orr, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dr. Kamia Smith, Mechanical Engineering
Dr. Bill Saunders, Civil Engineering
TBD, Systems Engineering
Mr. Sherman Mumford, LCOE's Office of Student Development and Success
Mrs. Gina Robinson, LCOE's Office of Student Development and Success