Changing the Conversation about Engineering, Engineering Technology and Construction Management!
Spring 2024 Announcements
At this meeting we will go over any announcements upcoming events etc. These meetings are how you will stay updated throughout the semester. It is never too late to join! Attend one of the January training sessions listed below to get started now!
Spring Semester Training Dates:
There is no sign up or registration for trainings. So, if you’re interested in being an ambassador? Just drop in to one of the below trainings to get started!
*All trainings will be held in Duke Centennial Hall in Room 208 from 3:00-4:00pm*
Learn about the W.S. Lee College of Engineering Ambassador Program
The W.S. Lee College of Engineering Ambassador Program is a leadership program that offers W.S. Lee College of Engineering students an opportunity to represent and promote the College to prospective students, their families, and other guests. Ambassadors will help educate visitors about campus life and achievements of the College through conducting campus tours, supporting high school recruitment events, and supporting elementary and middle school outreach functions.
Who are we?
We are the William States Lee College of Engineering Ambassadors! We consist of undergraduate students from each engineering major to give prospective students and their families a current student perspective on Charlotte’s College of Engineering.
- Are Positive
- Excel at communicating with others
- Provide excellent customer service
- Have the 49er Spirit!
- Are open to learning new things
- Have a commitment to diversity and cultural pluralism
What do we do?
The purpose of the Ambassador Program is to provide a student voice for the UNC Charlotte Lee College of Engineering visit experience by relaying informative and engaging experiences.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome and greet prospective families at various community, outreach, and recruitment events.
- Develop an expanded knowledge of the W.S. Lee College of Engineering and UNC Charlotte.
- Conduct guided tours for prospective students, schools, classes, and guests.
- Represent the W.S. Lee College of Engineering during college events.
- Assist with duties and tasks related to events.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Maintain a standard of appearance and professionalism.
- Attend meetings and required training.
W.S. Lee College of Engineering Ambassadors Follow the Gold Standard
- First and foremost, serve students.
- Be receptive, proactive, timely, professional and thorough in all communications.
- Offer every guest a positive campus experience.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Foster an office culture of encouragement and support.
- Create an environment conducive to open communication.
- Be a valuable resource to our campus and community.
- Work collaboratively to address, fix or improve anything we have doubts about.
- Celebrate our successes.
- Take pride in what we do and in Niner Nation.
How do I join?
Do you enjoy speaking about engineering topics you’re passionate about, bonding with students from different majors, and adding marketable skills to your resume? Then the ambassador program is for you! Through this program you will develop communication, team building, public speaking, and leadership skills that will be invaluable when moving into the workforce. You are also continuing education and awareness for not only engineering but all STEM related majors in your efforts to recruit the newest class of College of Engineering students!
To become a paid lead ambassador apply through Hire-A-Niner here.
To become a general ambassador (volunteer based), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Ambassador Program Benefits
As a W.S. Lee College of Engineering Ambassador, you will develop a wide range of transferable skills that will benefit you. Employers, colleges, and universities are looking for more than just good grades; they want people who can readily employ soft skills, are involved in the community, and have provided service! Ambassadors will gain leadership skills to help build their resumes as well as scholarship and employment applications. Ambassadors also earn letters of recommendation, connect to and serve their campus, and help students and the community to learn more about Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Construction Management at UNC Charlotte.
- Orientation and continuous training with the Recruiting and Outreach Committee to ensure the latest information is shared, and W.S. Lee College of Engineering Ambassadors are “in the know.”
- Opportunities to attend special events such as:
- Engineering Ambassadors Network Conferences
- W.S. Lee College of Engineering Networking Career Functions with Industry Partners
- Opportunities to meet with the W.S. Lee College of Engineering Administration to champion issues important to your engineering peers