What is the Program?
The William States Lee College of Engineering Honors Program provides students with access to opportunities designed to stimulate thinking and broaden exposure to topics related to the professional practice of engineering.
The Engineering Honors Program is committed to the highest principles of professional practice which guide our decision making. We are a community of learners actively engaged in academic scholarship while demonstrating the highest regard for others by modeling the ethical standards that protect public safety and the dignity of our profession. We promote service to the community above the self and support, encourage, educate and value others.
Do you See yourself as an Engineering Honors Student?
The Engineering Honors Program recognizes students who have excelled in the demanding undergraduate curriculum. The program expands their academic achievements and strives to develop the necessary skills to be reflective both personally and technically. This will enable students to achieve satisfaction and advancement in their career as graduates with honors in engineering.
- Students must be rising seniors enrolled in the senior design capstone experience in their department.
- Admission is determined by the cumulative GPA (minimum 3.5 for currently enrolled or transfer students), academic achievement, activities and other related factors.
Requirements to Graduate with Engineering Honors
- Submit an Application to Candidacy with the Honors College at least one semester prior to graduation
- Successfully complete the required seminar course sequence in conjunction with the respective Senior Design capstone course required for their program of study. Both courses are offered in fall and spring semesters.
- ENGR 3790 Engineering Honors Seminar 1
- ENGR 3791 Engineering Honors Seminar 2
- Earn a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Earn an ‘A’ in the department Senior Design capstone course
For more information, Contact:
Dr. Ron Smelser
Senior Associate Dean