- D. Binkley, President
- Stuart Smith, President Elect
- J. Bowen, Secretary
- B. Sherlock, Parliamentarian
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING FACULTY ORGANIZATION (CEFO)
Thursday, January 11, 2007, 12:30 PM
Cameron Applied Research Center , Room 101
The following individuals signed the attendance sheet:
- COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING: R. Johnson, R. Smelser, K. Elmore, M. Hermann, T. Rufty
- OFFICE of STUDENT DEVELOPMENT & SUCCESS: P. Tolley, Dl Blackmon, C. Blat, J. Braganza, K. Franco, C. McDaniel
- ENGINEERING COMPUTING SERVICES: J. Stein
- CIVIL ENGINEERING: J. Amburgey, J. Anderson, J. Bowen, D. Boyajian, S. Chen, J. Daniels, J. Gergely, J. Grahan, H. Hilger, M. Kane, V. Ogunro, S. Pulugurtha, D. Young
- ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING: D. Binkley, L. Casperson, J. Conrad, K. Daneshvar, M. Hasan, J. Hudak, B. Joshi, Y. Kakad, M. Miri, A. Nasipuri, L. Sheppard, E. Stokes, F. Tranjan, T. Weldon
- ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY: E. Braun, A. Bridzendine, D. Cottrell, P. Kabengela, S. Mitchum, T. Nicholas, C. Orozco, S. Wang, N. BouSaba
- MECHANICAL ENGR & ENGR SCIENCE: R. Coger, H. Estrada, H. Fang, R. Hocken, C.Y. Lee, J. Raquet, Q. Wei, A. Gedambosi
Documented attendance: 60 total
Documented attendance of voting faculty: 41/85
Total Voting Faculty: 85
Quorum of voting faculty: 43
- David Binkley welcomed the faculty and staff in attendance.
2. Call to order
- David Binkley called meeting to order at 12:35 PM.
3. Approval of past minutes
- Minutes of previous meeting were approved at 12:36 PM.
4. Revised readmission process
- Ron Smelser explained the new readmission policy that had been approved by the Undergraduate Academic Council (UAC). University has associates degree rule in which students may return after suspension. These students with AS Engineering degree may come in as transfer students, rather than using the existing two-year rule.
5. Department and degree planning in systems engineering
- Gary Teng explained the justification and planning of the Systems Engineering Program and the Engineering Management Department. Dr. Teng explained that permission to plan had been granted, and the proposal for permission to establish would be submitted by the end of January. He answered questions from the faculty on faculty review of graduate work, and staffing and curriculum plans.
6. Approval of posthumous degree for Truc D. Nguyen
- Student died in fall. He met requirements for degree. A motion to grant a posthumous agree was made and seconded. Motion was approved on a voice vote.
7. Dean's Report
- The dean provided these informational items to the faculty
- He has been asked to do preliminary planning for a new building (EPIC) of approximately 150 thousand square feet.
- College is actively recruiting several new faculty.
- He will be meeting one-on-one w/ MEES faculty this year as per rotation.
- Ron Smelser and Chris McDaniel (OSDS) are working a one-week "Math Bootcamp" for incoming students.
- College is dealing with further delays in renovations in Smith and CARC.
- Preliminary planning for uptown building is underway. It will contain a piece for Engineering Management.
- Budget planning is beginning for next year. Some one-time money is expected, but as usual, the timing and amount is unknown.
- Dean answered questions from faculty. These questions focused mostly on faculty frustrations w/ administration functions of University.
- A motion to adjourn was made, seconded, and approved with a voice vote by College faculty. Meeting was adjourned at 1:49 PM.
- Please submit additions or corrections to Jim Bowen, CEFO Secretary at email@example.com.